Saturday 23 July 2011

‎​Today marks another day in history, another teenage Nigerian girl will be crowned Miss Teen Nigeria. Its amazing how time flies. The lingering memories of 6yrs ago, as we all stood as contestants on the Muson (Agip hall) stage waiting and hoping that we would be chosen and crowned queen.

I was 18, probably the oldest of the contestants with a chronic lack of self confidence, not to mention the smallest in size amongst the lot, being just 5ft4inches at the time while other girls were 5ft7inches and above.

I wasn't the prettiest or the most intelligent, I guess my smile gave me away as I emerge the 1st runner up to Miss Teen Nigeria and my beloved friend Nonso Ijomah was crowned queen.

So here's to all the contestants awaiting and hoping to be crowned queen. Greatness lies within you and the only way it shines through is when you became aware of who and what you are. You all are queens: beautiful in and out, intelligent, bold and possessing gives far beyond what mortal eyes can see. Let nothing bring you down, let you hearts be calm and your faith unyielding, for this will be a day not soon forgotten.

To the Miss Teen Nigeria pageant crew; Aunty Robina(Ceo Missteen Nigeria pageant), Aunty Pauline(Chaperon) and everyone on the team. Thank you for believing in me and contributing to who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment