Sunday 10 July 2011

Once upon a raining day...

A wet Sunday is far better than a rainy Monday in so many ways. I have been home all day, except the time I went to the market to buy stuffs for the house and guess what? I cooked!, white rice and source. Its’ not a good Sunday without ’Sunday Rice’, I had a sleep over with my girlfriends so it is a full house and they all enjoyed the meal despite the fact that i haven’t cooked in a huge while. I’m sure you wonder why I have lack proper kitchen attendance or more precisely a 3month absence.
Well, even though I grew up with a grandmother who expects me to turn into a conventional Traditional girl with all the appropriate skill set including cooking, cleaning and making babies’ (let me say a least I think I can make babies…lolz), I’m still not at home in a kitchen. I won’t say I’m a bad cook but I’m really not a kitchen person , I just like to do it whenever I feel like it and that doesn’t come so often. House chores aren’t really my thing either, maybe because it has always been an obligation and trust me when I have an opportunity to escape from it, I do so with staggering dedication.
Now, would I call that laziness? Even though that’s what my grandma calls it and I really don’t care, all I care is doing what I want, whenever I want to and not feeling obligated to doing it. And really that takes me back to a wet Sunday as this I would just like to eat and sleep or cuddle up with my booboo(if you know what I mean…). That’s the luxury a rainy Monday can’t offer you, so enjoy the wet Sunday.

1 comment: